May 21, 2011

Mo's Challenge #83...Distressing

The challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil this week uses a technique that is new to me..distressing.  I own several distress inks as well as a distressing tool but haven't really had much luck making them work.  For this card I used my distress inks and a watercolor brush to paint the image and then sponged some ink around the edges to make it look worn.  The background was done with a stamp using the same distress ink I used for the edges of the image.  I'm guessing this technique takes some time to perfect :)

Supplies Used:
Background Image: Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Wavy Lines
Paper: Canson Watercolor
Coloring Medium: Distress Inks and water
Embellishments:  Twine

4 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Cute! I like the background and the deckle edge on the image panel. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Pat said...

Hi Cindi....what a sweet card! I love this darling little Mo image! Love your soft coloring...and the papers are really coooool! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's.
Pat Frank

Dorcas said...

Great job on this Cindi! I’m so happy you were able to play with us this week at Mo’s.
Hugs,
Dorcas

Dawn B. said...

You did a terrific job with your distressing.. You picked the perfect image. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Post a Comment