May 26, 2011

Tiddly Inks Challenge #51- Manly Men

The Tiddly Inks challenge this week was to make a project to celebrate the men in our lives.   The man who has had the greatest influence on my life was my grandfather who unfortunately is no longer with us.  I decided to make this card to honor him.  My grandfather was an artist who painted a lot of seascapes which is why I chose this lighthouse image.  It reminds me of him.  He taught me to paint and to make things with my hands.  Those gifts always meant the most.  I'm sure he would have loved this card :)    Sorry for the weird angle.  One of these days I'll learn how to take pictures.

Supplies Used:
Image: Tiddly Inks Light My Life Digi Stamp
Paper: Canson Watercolor paper
Other Paper: Memory Box
Coloring Medium: Derwent Watercolor Pencils
Embellishments: Chipboard button

7 comments:

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Beautiful colors!!! What a very special tribute to your Grandfather. Gorgeous work!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks this week!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous tribute to your Grandfather! I just love that image. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

Brodders said...

As the other girls have said a wonderful tribute to your grandfather. It is lovely xT
hanks for joining us at Tiddlyinks, good luck :) Love Jane x

Loopylou. said...

oh thats such a lovely card, I love the lighthouse and its a lovely way to remember your grandpa too. thank you for coming to play with the tiddly inkers hugs Lou xxx

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Wonderful card! Your image looks great! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly inks!

Larissa said...

Wow fabulous card! I bet your grandfather would have loved your card! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

mforquer said...

OH love this!!! The lighthouse is one of my favorite Tiddly Images and it's so wonderful for a masculine card! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly inks!
Hugs,
M

Post a Comment