June 15, 2011

Make it Colourful Challenge #22-Blues

Hello.  I came across the challenge today at Make it Colourful and decided to try to enter.  I have been wanting to try to use a Make It Crafty image for awhile but wasn't sure what I wanted to make so this was a good opportunity.  I've seen other cards using Tiddly Inks and Make it Crafty and they look nice together.  I attempted a merge of Make It Crafty's Butterfly Swing with Tiddly Inks Fairy Fae.  It didn't come out as I had hoped but I'm sure it takes some practice.  I colored the images using my copics in blue and instead of making a card as I usually do, just backed the image on a patterned paper for now.  I added some glitter to her wings to make her sparkle a little.


Supplies Used:
Images: Fairy Fae Dreams by Tiddly Inks
Butterfly Swing by Make it Crafty
Paper: Cryogen White
Pattern Paper: KO Addison Random Stripes
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers
Embellishments: Glitter

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I think you did a great job Cindi! Your colouring in blue looks fabulous too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Make it Colourful. hugs xxoo

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love how you merged the image. Your blues are lovely. Thank you for joining us at Make It Crafty this week.

Jen

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you decided to join the Make It Colourful challenge too. I adore this site. I am still expanding my Copic skills and find the DT for this site very inspiring. I also love how they drop helpful hints after posting the challenge details.

My gosh, the Butterfly Swing is awesome with Fairy Fae, I think you did a great job. Wonderful colouring. For me it is always about the colouring, the card just is the backdrop.

I hope to see more of your work.

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty! lovely card!

Crafteezee said...

You've really captured the depth and highlights on the wings of the butterfly of the swing and dress Cindi. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

Post a Comment