June 9, 2011

Michelle Perkett Challenge - Father's Day with Brown/Neutral Colors

The Michelle Perkett Challenge this week was to make a Father's Day card using brown/neutral colors.  This is definitely a tough one.  I love Michelle's mermaids and fairies but am not creative enough to come up with a way to use them on a Father's Day card so I used this cute dog. I figure I can use it on so many different types of cards so it's perfect for me.  I colored him grey and used one of the new Valise papers from Memory Box as the strip across the card.

Supplies Used:
Image: Scooter by Michelle Perkett
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury
Background Paper: Memory Box Valise
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers
Card: A2 Spice

11 comments:

Irene (Ivy Swan Cards) said...

Super card Cindi! I love the way you colored Scooter in gray, and the Memory Box paper strip is perfect with the image! Thank you for joining the "Father's Day with Brown/Neutral Colors" challenge this week at Michelle Perkett Studio. Have a great weekend! :)

Michelle said...

Awwhh, Cindi, this is so cute! I love how you colored Scooter and love your paper, too, its such a great Father's Day card! Thank you for joining our Fathers Day Challenge at MPS this week!

Pauline said...

This is lovely... isn't Scooter the cutest! Second to my wee doggie of course! Thanks for sharing at MPS challenge this week!
hugs
Pauline

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining our challenge at MPS! :)

Karen S said...

This is so cute, and you did a fabulous job coloring Scooter! Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio.

CTgirl said...

This is such a sweet card!!

Sharon said...

Great card and I love the little dog image from the MPS range! Tahnks for joining us at this weeks challenge!

Ellis said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us in the challenge this week! =)
Hugs, Elenor DT

Carole of Brum said...

that's really cute, Cindi, and I love the clean and simple design. I saw this challenge and thought it will be quite difficult, so many lovely feminine MPS images, but not so many for men. CoB

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Awww...this little pup is adorable! Great job, wonderful creativity.

Stephanie said...

Absolutely adorable. I love shading dogs in gray.

BTW love you goth Tiddly card too. She looks stunning in Blues and Grays.

Post a Comment