June 30, 2011

Mo's Challenge #89 - Inspired by Book or Story

The challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil this week is to make something inspired by a book or story.  As soon as I looked at this sweet boy I immediately thought of a story from my childhood..well maybe a tv special, but it's a story too :)  The story was Puff the Magic Dragon. I colored this guy using my copics.  I wanted to add in some of Puff's smoke so I used a cloud template and to draw in some purple smoke and added some glitter.  I found the quote online.  Thanks :)


Supplies Used:
Image: Kitchen Knight by Mo Manning
Paper: Cryogen White
Background Paper: Memory Box Brown and DCWV Once Upon a Time Mat Stack
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers
Embellishments: Glitter

7 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Adorable! This little guy is so cute! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

paola said...

love the clean design lines of your card, adorable! thanks for joining us at Mo's
smiles
Paola

Dorcas said...

Puff was definately a book! I remember my mum reading it to me when I was about 6 years old and me crying my eyes out but not letting my mum stop the story. lol
I love this image!! I can't wait to color it up myself. Great job! I’m so glad you got a chance to play with us this week at Mo’s!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Dorcas said...

Jackie Draper??? And all these years I thought it was Jackie Paper. OMGoodness!

Dawn B. said...

Puff the magic dragon lived down by the sea...my daughters used to have a tape of that book. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Susie said...

Cute card. I love the cowboy boots Mo drew on this little boy. He's a rootin', tootin, knight in armor ready to take on the world!

Cheryl Valadez said...

LOVE this! Makes me feel nostalgic and I want to call my mom and have her read me a story ;D

Post a Comment