July 11, 2011

Mo's Challenge #90 - Vintage with Distressing and Lace

The challenge this week at Mo's Digital Pencil was really a challenge for me since I don't own any lace and Michael's didn't have much to choose from :)  Other than that, I also don't distress much or really know what a "Vintage" card looks like, so I am definitely at a disadvantage.  I decided to try anyway though, so here is my card.  I bought this image awhile ago and have been really wanting to use it.  I love seeing the little Irish dancers in their costumes.  I colored this girl using my Copics.  I thought the paper had a little of a vintage feel to it so I used that for my background and distressed the edges of that as well as my image.  I added the one lace border I could find at Michael's.

Supplies Used:
Image: Little Irish Dancer by Mo Manning
Paper:   Bella's Bestest Cream Paper (Stamping Bella)
Background Paper: Teal Damask K & Company
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers
Distress Ink: Tea Dye
Embellishments: Lace Border by Recollections


5 comments:

Pat said...

Oh Cindi...this is just perfect, sweetie!! Beautiful paper...and the lace is so pretty! And your coloring...is just gorgeous! So glad you've joined us this week at Mo's! Pat Frank

Elaine L. said...

Great card! I have this little dancer, but haven't used her yet. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Wonderful job Cindi! I love that you did her hair red, it's always what I think of when I think of Irish Dancers. I used to wonder how they got their pony tails so curly until I found out they are hair pieces.

Adorable job though. Vintage isn't easy for me either, I just end up distressing everything very heavily with paper stain. I also like to use Paper bakery doilies, you can get them at Walmart for $2-3 for a 20-25 pieces.

Lisa said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

This card is just adorable. It makes me want to go and get one of those fun images.

Post a Comment