January 15, 2012

Happy Sunday!

It is definitely a happy Sunday for me since the 49ers won last night.  Yay!!!  During the second game I made this card.  I have really been struggling with good designs.  Many of the cards I see have many layers and embellishments which makes them look great, but since I'm trying to make cards to give to cancer patients to give to their caregivers and doctors I am trying to go easy on the bulk so if they mail them they don't have to pay more. My cards seem plain to me but for my purpose I guess they are good.  When I saw this stamp my first thought was "watercolors".  I've been using Copics a lot lately but felt that this image would look good watercolored.  The image is Wryn-New Nest by Tiddly Inks.  I used my watercolor pencils with her and just matted her on plain green cardstock on a kraft card.  I really like the way she came out.  However, as is typical with me, I felt I put her on the card crooked and of course ripped the paper trying to get her off ( I should really use re-positionable tape lol).  Since I liked the card I thought I'd just use her as a sample.  I'll make more of her now that I have the basic design down.  I am not all that happy with her hair so it gives me a chance to do it over.  I know the colors to use for red with copics, but pencils is another story.  My niece is a redhead and a tomboy so Wryn reminds me of her.  Have a great rest of the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment