January 29, 2012

A Little Southwest

When I first learned to stamp it was in Arizona, so I was using a lot of Southwestern stamps.  I'm in the East now where there isn't as much interest in these kinds of cards, but I still love to make them from time to time.  This card also uses a technique I learned that is great with Prismacolor pencils.  I used a stamp from Copper Leaf Creations.  I colored it using Prismacolor pencils and cut it out.  I put an embossing stamp pad over the whole circle and dipped the image in clear embossing powder, embossed and repeated two more times.  What makes this so nice is that since the pencils are wax based heating them makes them blend together more.  Once I was done embossing, I backed the image with black and put it on a piece of Glitz French Kiss paper.  I used my scalloped ribbon border die for the black border.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment