March 11, 2012

Case a Krafty Girl

The challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie this week is to case a Krafty Girl.  After going through all the blogs of the Krafty Girls I decided to case Alice Wertz.  There were so many gorgeous cards that all the Krafty Girls make but Alice has been doing something that has caught my eye lately.  Several of her cards are done on Kraft paper and she has been using a background stamp.  I really like the way these have come out so I picked one of those to case..specifically the one she did for challenge #115 here.  Here is my version of it:
I started with a Kraft card and stamped the background using Versamark and a flourishes cover a card stamp by Impression Obsession.  I then decided to use paper from Konnichiwa by BasicGrey.  I added a top and bottom border of Cherry Blossom pink paper by Memory Box and stitched them to the patterned paper.  Felicity was colored using Copics and I added a little Clear Spica on her wings.  Alice's card used a technique which I tried but failed at so I cheated a little.  She had used the technique where you cut around the stamp a little and then use the Nestability die so that your image is partly inside and partly outside the shape.  I cut too much around her hair and the shape didn't come out right so I just cut her out and put her on a white and pink frame.  I didn't add the pearls or flowers since this is another card I'm giving away so I want it to be able to be sent in a regular envelope and not cost more.  I like the way this came out and really hope I did Alice's card justice.

Supplies:  Felicity stamp by Kraftin' Kimmie, Thank You stamp by Verve Stamps, Cover-A-Card Flourishes by Impression Obsession,Nestabilities, Konnichiwa paper by BasicGrey, Kraft card, Cherry Blossom Pink paper by Memorybox, Heavenly White paper, EK scallop border punch, My Favorite Things scallop ribbon border, Clear Spica Pen

7 comments:

Angie Price said...

This is really beautiful! I now loves this stamp and have to get some. I never got the faries or angels and you have made up my mind! :) gorgeous card, great case...and I hope you don't mind if I case your case, because I want to see if I can do the same type of out of box, you both made it look so beautiful!

Jenny said...

Beautiful:) I think you did a great job CASEing Angela's card...and I love that style of hers as well!

Jenny said...

Hehe- I meant Alice! Not sure why I typed 'Angela';) Need more coffee!!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Cindi, your card is gorgeous! I love this image and you've colored her so beautifully! Awesome case of Alice's card!!
hugs, Sharon

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Such a lovely, peaceful design!!! Great job with the case!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so beautiful, Cindi! wonderful fuzzy cutting, too! love this beauty! =)

Michele Boyer said...

So cute! Love the kraft and how you cut around the hair! :)

Post a Comment