July 4, 2013

For Prescott

This is a hard post for me to write.  I went to college in Prescott, AZ.  While I didn't know any of the men who died, I am hurting because the town I love so much is hurting.  I haven't been able to stop crying since I heard the news. These men go out and fight these fires every day and have saved countless lives.  Prescott is a very small town but that is what makes it so great. I really hope that they can all find the strength they need to get past this and soon. I am working on two cards today.  One is for the Prescott Fire Department and one is for the sole survivor of the Granite Mountain Hotshots.  He probably needs support more than anyone.  There was nothing he could have done but I know he must be questioning everything and dealing with a tremendous amount of survivor guilt.  I want him to know we all care about him.  This card is for the fire department.  I used MFT's Firefighter boy and colored him with Copics.  The purple ribbon is to show support for those who have died. 


Supplies Used:  MFT Pure Innocence Firefighter Boy, Verve Kind Words, BoBunny Liberty paper, Verve Starry Die

I am entering this card in the Ribbon Carousel July Challenge -  Country Pride and Celebrations.
Thanks for looking and please keep the families of the firefighters who died in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Cindi, what a thoughtful and kind thing to do! Your card is precious and will mean so much to the firefighter. It is really a tragic loss here in Arizona. Did you attend Embry-Riddle? My step son is going up there next week for soccer camp.

Cindi Flass said...

Thanks Mona. Yes I did go to Embry-Riddle. It's a beautiful place. Hope he has a good time.

Post a Comment